Calcasieu Teachers & Employees Credit Union is committed to providing a safe place to save and borrow money at very competitive rates. We are equally committed to protecting consumers’ privacy and you can be confident that financial privacy is a priority for us. This Online Privacy Statement applies to all of CTECU’s webpages, CTECU-branded social media sites, mobile applications, digital banking applications, and digital advertising campaigns, collectively referred to as a “digital property”.
The terms “CTECU”, “we”, “our”, or “us” refers to Calcasieu Teachers & Employees Credit Union and any affiliates or subsidiaries based in the United States.
Information collected by CTECU during the application for or servicing of one of our products or services are also governed by CTECU’s Privacy and Opt-Out Notice. Please reference that document for additional details on our privacy practices.
CTECU is a United States-based financial cooperative serving a U.S.-based target market. Our web and digital properties do not intentionally target children under the age of 13 without parental consent. In addition to the privacy practices described within this statement and the CTECU Privacy and Opt-Out Notice, social media sites may have their own privacy policies that you should understand prior to using their services to interact with CTECU on those sites.
When using a CTECU digital property we may collect three categories of information about you.
Personal Information: We may collect personally identifiable information about you such as your name, address, phone numbers, email address, or other information that identifies you. This includes information you provide via applications, forms, subscriptions, contest entries, or other means of collection.
Non-public Information: Through your interactions with us, such as applying for a product or service, we may collect non-public information about you such as your social security number, tax identification number, driver’s license number, income, CTECU user name, CTECU password, occupation, or other types of non-public information.
Online Behavior: We may collection information about the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device(s) you use to access CTECU’s digital properties; your operating system and browser type; referral website information; your digital property usage and page views; your social media preferences (e.g. likes, interests, profile, etc.); your geolocation; and aggregate or non-personally identifiable information.
These categories of information may be collected by CTECU, or by our third party service providers, through use of various technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, or other technologies, to associate your online use of our digital properties and/or with offline personally identifiable information.
We may use information collected from a CTECU digital property to acquire additional information about you from our marketing partners or service providers. For example, when you submit an application for membership or for a financial product or service, we may use the social security number you provided online to access a consumer report which may contain a credit score and information about your creditworthiness to determine if you meet our underwriting guidelines.
When interacting with CTECU on a digital platform that is not owned by CTECU such as a social media site, never include sensitive personal or non-public information. Communications with CTECU about your application, membership, and accounts with us should only take place in a secure CTECU channel such as CTECU Online or Mobile Banking or by phone with a Member Service employee. Social media sites are not an appropriate place to conduct or discuss your financial transactions.
We may use the information we collect online and that which we pair it with offline to:
- market our products and services or those of our trusted partners
- make a decision about your application for a product or service
- service, manage, or collect on your account
- offer special deals or promotions
- process transactions initiated by you
- verify your identity or information you provided on an application
- perform everyday business tasks such as data analytics, digital property experience optimization, fraud prevention, security enhancements, or product and service improvements
- respond to your questions or inquiries
- comply with federal, state, or local laws; civil, criminal, or regulatory investigations; or other legal requirements
- share with our affiliates or trusted third parties in accordance with the practices described in our Privacy and Opt-Out Notice
- aggregate or anonymize data for analytical purposes
CTECU may disclose all of the information collected, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on behalf of CTECU or to other financial institutions with which CTECU has joint marketing or other contractual agreements. CTECU may also disclose non-public personal information about its members under other circumstances as permitted or required by law and as described in our Privacy and Opt-Out Notice.
CTECU restricts access to non-public personal information about its members to CTECU employees and approved third parties working on our behalf who have a specific business purpose in utilizing member data. CTECU employees are trained in the importance of confidentiality and member privacy by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard members’ non-public personal information.
What Members and Consumers Can Do To Help Protect Their Privacy
While CTECU is committed to protecting the privacy of its members and consumers, you can help safeguard personal information by following these simple guidelines provided as examples:
- Upon receipt of a debit card or credit card, verify the information on the front, sign the back panel immediately and activate the card. Destroy old cards immediately.
- Report lost or stolen card(s) immediately to CTECU by calling 337.433.4525 (business hours) or 888.263.3370 (after hours)
- Protect your card(s) at all times by carrying only the ones you intend to use. Store all other cards in a safe and secure place.
- Be aware of your surroundings when approaching an ATM. Make sure no one can see you enter your PIN by shielding the keypad with your hand or body.
- Memorize your PIN and keep it confidential. Do not write it on the card or keep it in your wallet.
- Make sure the merchant returns your card and check to make sure it’s your card.
- Keep your ATM transaction and card receipts. Log them into your check register. Destroy the carbons if present.
- Never give your card information over the phone unless you initiate the call.
- Never pre-sign your checks.
- Regularly review your transaction history and report any unauthorized transactions immediately.
- Treat all of your financial information confidential and proprietary.
- Keep usernames and passwords confidential.
- Do not use the same username and password for multiple online accounts; if you use the same username and password for multiple accounts and one of those accounts is breached, all your accounts could be at risk.
Use of Online Technologies to Collect Information
CTECU may use technologies to store information on your computer when you visit a CTECU website. For example, cookies may be used within CTECU websites to enhance website security, improve website effectiveness, tailor the sites to your individual preferences, and improve our marketing campaigns.
A pixel tag, also known as a web bug in an embedded image, is an invisible tag placed on a webpage to register when a particular computer visits that specific page. These tags and beacons are used in combination with cookies. CTECU places these on its web properties and in online advertisements to better personalize your experience with CTECU and to understand aggregate website usage and patterns.
Accepting Cookies: Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, refer to your browser’s online help for further instructions and information on setting cookie preferences. If you turn off cookies, you may not be able to use some CTECU Online Banking features.
Third-Party Websites: The CTECU web properties may direct you to other sites on the Internet to provide additional information or services that may be of interest to you. Third-party websites may have privacy and security policies different from CTECU. Please review the privacy and security policies of websites reached through links from CTECU websites.