Protect your account with Courtesy Pay
In addition to Overdraft Protection (from Savings), the credit union also offers a Courtesy Pay1 program. Courtesy Pay is a service to assist you with those bigger accidents and to save you from returning items and causing more fees and frustration with the individual or business you were trying to pay. Accounts using Courtesy Pay are charged a $25 Courtesy Pay fee for handling each overdraft created by check, ACH, Point-of-Sale2, or other electronic item that is paid.
- Ths is an optional service.
- Avoid additional fees from the person or business you are trying to pay.
- You may discontinue anytime by contacting the credit union .
To extend your Courtesy Pay Protection to cover ATM and everyday debit card transactions, you must provide your consent (opt-in) in advance. To opt-in, simply fill out the form which includes additional information about your consent and return it to any of our branches.
Difference Between Overdraft Protection and Courtesy Pay:
- Courtesy Pay – You don’t have the money, but the credit union will cover the transaction up to $500 and charge a $25 fee per transaction.
- Overdraft Protection – You don’t have the money in your checking account, but you do in your savings account. The credit union will automatically transfer the money from your savings to your checking and charge a $5 fee.
We are committed to helping our members take hold of their financial wellbeing.
Calcasieu Teachers and Employees Credit Union offers overdraft protection to help you avoid declined transactions and costly overdraft fees. Simply link your checking and savings accounts, and we’ll automatically transfer funds to cover any overdrafts. Our overdraft protection service is easy to set up and only costs $5 per transfer. Protect your finances and sign up today.
Basic Checking Account
Choose joy with our Basic Checking account – a hassle-free and convenient way to manage your money. With no monthly fees or minimum balance requirements, you can use your account in a way that brings you joy and financial freedom.
Save and grow your money with a Prime Share Savings Account from Calcasieu Teachers and Employees Credit Union. Low minimum balance, free online and mobile banking, and the opportunity to earn dividends. Plus, direct deposit options available. Start saving today!
Check out our financial education articles. These resources are free and have you in mind. Learn techniques for budgeting, how to spend your money effectivel, get updates on the financial industry and more.
1. Understanding Actual vs Available Balances: Actual Balance is the total amount of funds in your account. The Available Balance is the amount of funds minus holds on your account and reflects what you have available to spend. Many holds are beyond the credit union’s control and reflects items such as requirements of the payment networks that your transactions are processed through via the merchants with whom you choose to do business. Some holds may be due to a hold placed on a check that you deposited. Please see the credit union’s Funds Availability Policy for more information. If you exceed your Available Balance (even though the Actual Balance may be greater), you may overdraw your account. This may result in Insufficient Funds (NSF) Transactions, Returned Items, and Fees including Courtesy Pay because of exceeding your Available Balance. You can view your Actual and Available Balances via Online Banking, Mobile Banking, visiting a branch, etc. For additional details, please refer to your membership and account agreement.
2. Point-of-Sale debit card transactions are only covered when you consent (opt-in) in order to be added to your account. If you choose not to opt-in, your debit card may decline at the point-of-sale when a transaction exceeds your balance.